WHO ARE THE ERIE SEAWOLVES?
The Erie SeaWolves are the Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The team is owned and operated by At Bat Group, LLC. Over 250 SeaWolves have played Major League Baseball including Justin Verlander, Nick Castellanos, Eugenio Suarez, Curtis Granderson, and Casey Mize. Erie is located in northwest Pennsylvania, conveniently between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. The SeaWolves play their home games at UPMC Park, just 10 blocks from Lake Erie. Since 2019, over $16 million in stadium upgrades have been introduced including a new 1,550 sq. ft. team store, a 175-guest stadium club, two Daktronics video displays, and renovated suites, restrooms, concession stands, and party spaces.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES?
The SeaWolves are seeking an Account Executive to sell ticket packages, group outings, suites and hospitality. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the team’s efforts in assigned group sales segments.
- Prospecting with a focus on new business-to-business revenue opportunities.
- Providing Unsurpassed Guest Service to team clients.
- Achieving and tracking key sales metrics including weekly activities and results.
- Maintaining call and meeting activity in the team’s CRM system.
- Using team/community events to build relationships and seek new sales opportunities.
- Working with the Operations Department to ensure that all group event spaces meet the team’s presentation standards.
- Contributing to a positive sales culture consistent with At Bat Group, LLC values.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, have superior people skills and…
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, Sport Management or Communications preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous sales, service and/or presentation experience preferred
- The ability to work scheduled hours including evenings, weekends and select holidays during the baseball season
This is considered an entry-level role, so compensation depends on your experience and how well you and the team perform. Compensation will include base pay and health benefits (employee contribution required). You may also be eligible for bonus compensation based on performance against individual and department goals.
The anticipated start date for the position is January 2, 2022.