WHO ARE THE ERIE SEAWOLVES?
The Erie SeaWolves are the Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The team is owned and operated by At Bat Group, LLC. Over 250 SeaWolves have played Major League Baseball including Justin Verlander, Casey Mize, James McCann, Eugenio Suarez and Nicholas Castellanos. Erie is located in northwest Pennsylvania, conveniently between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. The SeaWolves play their home games at UPMC Park, just 10 blocks from the shores of Lake Erie. The team recently completed over $16 million in stadium upgrades including a new 1,550 sq. ft. team store, a 200-guest stadium club and renovated suites, restrooms, concessions, and party spaces.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES?
The SeaWolves are seeking an Account Executive to sell ticket packages, group outings, suites and hospitality. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the team’s efforts in specific group sales segments.
- Prospecting with a focus on new business-to-business revenue opportunities.
- Providing Unsurpassed Customer Service to team clients.
- Working with the Operations Department to ensure that all group event spaces meet the team’s presentation standards.
- Achieving and tracking key sales metrics including weekly activities and results.
- Maintaining call and meeting activity in team’s CRM system.
- Using team/community events to build relationships and seek new sales opportunities.
- Assisting with fulfillment of Community Affairs functions as needed (i.e. speaking appearances, community mascot visits) for the purpose of identifying and closing sales opportunities.
- Contributing to a positive sales culture consistent with At Bat Group, LLC values.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, have superior people skills and…
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, Sport Management or Communications preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous outside sales, ticket sales and networking experience preferred
- The ability to work scheduled hours including evenings, weekends and select holidays during the baseball season
HOW MUCH WILL YOU MAKE?
This is considered an entry-level role, so compensation depends on your experience and how well you and the team perform. Compensation will include base pay and health benefits (employee contribution required). You may also be eligible for discretionary bonus compensation based on performance against team and individual goals.
The anticipated start date for the position is July 1, 2021 but could start sooner based on the hiring process and candidate's availability.