Job Title: Box Office & Ticket Operations Assistant
Reports to: Box Office & Ticket Operations Manager
Job Summary: The Hartford Yard Goats are the AA Minor League Baseball (MiLB) affiliate of the Colorado Rockies of Major League Baseball (MLB). During the months of April through September, the Yard Goats play 70 home games in Hartford, Connecticut at Dunkin’ Donuts Park. Dunkin’ Donuts Park was ranked first in Baseball Digest’s, “Best of the Ballparks, AA” contest during both the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
During the 2019 season, the Yard Goats set a franchise record by selling out 51 home games and attracting a total of more than 414,000 fans. On 70 days throughout the months of April through September, the Hartford Yard Goats compete at Dunkin’ Donuts Park hosting an average of 6000+ fans each game. Our Yard Goats Front Office team relies upon our Game Day team in order to provide the best possible experience for all who come through the gates during the season, including fans, guests, players, coaches, umpires, and sponsors. The Yard Goats are actively seeking driven, creative, high-energy young professionals to join our Box Office & Ticket Operations team this season.
In this position, individuals will gain hands-on experience within and across the Box Office & Ticket Operations department. This role is geared towards those who have an interest in engaging with fans and providing superior customer service within the Box Office team environment. Individuals in this position will be expected to collaborate and work directly with the Box Office & Ticket Operations leadership team along with fellow Box Office team members in serving the needs of fans and guests of the Hartford Yard Goats and Dunkin’ Donuts Park.
This position is part-time, and hours will take place on home game days and on an as-needed basis aligning with the Yard Goats 2020 home game schedule. Individuals in this position can expect to work up to 30 hours per week at Dunkin’ Donuts Park depending on the home game schedule.
Areas of accountability include, but are not limited to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and guests on behalf of the Hartford Yard Goats organization
- Assist the Box Office & Ticket Operations team with ticket sales on game days and throughout the season
- Assist the Box Office & Ticket Operations Manager with individual and season ticket distribution
- Assist the Box Office & Ticket Operations Manager with back-end duties, including reporting, building price points, and creating ticket images
You are a good fit if:
- You would refer to yourself as a people person, enjoy smiling, laughing and interacting with new people
- You can adapt to challenging situations, last minute changes, and can react quickly and calmly under pressure
- You are comfortable using a computer and web-based applications, including ticket operations applications such as TicketReturn (prior experience is not required)
- You are a fast learner who enjoys the challenge of working in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating work environment
- You are hardworking, motivated, and looking to expand outside of your comfort zone, and willing to represent the Hartford Yard Goats mission and values
- You are able to maintain a flexible work schedule during the day, evenings and weekends throughout the season (March-September)
Need an internship? This could count...
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.