The Bowie Baysox (Double-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles) are currently seeking LOCAL candidates to join our Video Camera Operator team for the 2020 Bowie Baysox Season. This position is a game-day position, working approximately 30 games during the season.
Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work select Baysox home games and special events. Position starts April 2020 and runs through early September 2020. This is a part-time, paid position. Local candidates are strongly preferred.
- Ability to fully operate a JVC ProHD Shoulder Mount TV Production Camera (including little to no shaking, focus, white balance, etc)
- Ability to follow quick paced action on the field of play through the camera lens.
- Filming of game action & promotions related to team or live production events.
- Aid in the completion of daily game day video duties as assigned by the Director of Video Production.
- Help with creation of video features for use in house or on social media.
- Assist the Director of Video Production with live production elements during Baysox home games and/or other live events.
- Maintaining a level of professionalism while working with other members of the Game Events Staff
- Other Duties as assigned by Director of Video production.
- Previous sports video experience and familiarity with production equipment preferred.
- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball.
- Ability to work long hours while remaining enthusiastic, energetic and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to stand and walk around hard surfaces for a lengthy period of time during the game/event taking place.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 35 lbs.
This is a game-day position that typically requires being on site one hour prior to game or event start time and lasting through the end of the game or event being covered. LOCAL CANDIDATES are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.