The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies organization through the sale of group and ticket packages, corporate sponsorships and premium seating inventory (suites & hospitality). The department is also responsible for managing the relationships with corporate partners, Rumble Club season ticket members and premium seating clients. Account Executive will be responsible for assisting the Sales & Business Development staff in day-to-day operations of the department. This includes, but is not limited to: client / partner relations, new business acquisition, inventory management and the planning and execution of special events.
Entails 40+ hours during the work week (Monday-Friday). Associates may also be asked to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed. Attendance is required for all applicable home games and marquee non-gameday events.
- To acquire new business via phone and in-person cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Effectively renew and manage renewal accounts.
- Schedule face-to-face meetings and ballpark tours with current and prospective clients.
- Prepare Sales & Business Development documents for clients. Examples include: sales presentations, new business proposals and contracts, proof of performance and activation plans.
- Join Sales & Business Development staff at select renewal, recap and planning meetings.
- Actively prospect new business and group leads.
- Make 50-75 cold calls per day to new and prospective clients.
- Assist with client hospitality at events.
- Assist with participation in special events (Parades, player appearances, client events, and other community events).
- Assist Game Entertainment and promotions as needed.
- Daily computer work, power point documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous work experience in sales and/or sports event management outside of classroom work required.
- Internship and/or part-time experience with other sports teams or athletic departments preferred.
- Exhibit good to excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle various projects at one time while performing at a very high level.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, within a team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to reach, stoop, and lift on a frequent basis.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
Role routinely uses standard office equipment.