The New York Yankees Double-A Affiliate, Somerset Patriots are looking for qualified individuals to fill internship positions during the 2022 season.
Program Description: Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Members will also gain valuable experience from a season long learning project that covers various aspects of sport management, including grass roots marketing, theme night creation and execution, ballpark entertainment, sales, video production, and business presentations. Help with resumes and interviewing will also be covered.
Compensation: $750/month and college credit can also be earned if applicable to the student.
Time Frame/Work Schedule: (April 2022 – September 2022) Interns are expected to begin their internship as soon as they are done with classes for the spring semester and stay until one week before school starts the following year. Graduated seniors are expected to stay until the season has concluded. Recent college graduates are expected to work from the beginning of the season (April) until the season has concluded. Hours are full time. Interns are required to work the same amount of days and hours as the full time Front Office Staff. There are 70+ home games, additional outside events, and regular non-game day office hours that you will be required to work. This includes nights, weekends and holidays. Interns will be required to sign a document indicating their start/end dates prior to acceptance of the position (FIND ATTACHED ON PAGE THREE). No vacations will be permitted during the season.
Retail Merchandising (1 Position Available)
Candidates will work closely with the Senior Director of Merchandise on a daily basis to help execute all of the requirements of the retail & promotional merchandising department. Duties will include the following:
Ballpark Team Store
- Assist in the daily operation and management of the ballpark Team Store.
- Maintain store inventory based on sales, client relations needs, & removing dated or damaged products.
- Operate the front end retail point of sale register
- Become familiar with the Quest Retail software program and assist with purchasing, receiving, & reporting.
- Help manage the inventory storage area in an organized and accessible way.
- Oversee and manage game day staff of store employees
- Fill in with game day Team Store duties when necessary including program booth sales and merchandise hawking
- Make recommendations for promotional strategies centered around theme nights, games, and upcoming holidays
- Assist in any offsite events that require merchandise and point of sale needs such as the annual charity golf classic, ballpark rentals, and off day store openings
- Assist with operating various online auctions via the online Dash auction platform
- Help coordinate and manage game day gate giveaway items
- Assist in keeping the Team Store clean, organized, & fully stocked
- Help with the concourse photo booth reporting and deposits.
Online Team Store
- Assist with online Team Store fulfillment, customer follow-up, and online inventory management.
- Suggest and implement daily Team Store social media pushes.
- Suggest weekly online Team Store Campaigns
Promotional Gate Giveaways
- Help be a liaison to current and new suppliers and distributors.
- Assist in receiving game day gate giveaways
Please Note: Candidates MUST live within commuting distance or have housing in the Bridgewater area for the entire summer