The New Hampshire Fisher Cats established the Fisher Cats Foundation to be a catalyst for the betterment of communities throughout the region by supporting youth programs that encourage education and promote healthy living. Through the generous support of players, employees, sponsors, and fans, the Fisher Cats Foundation continuously works to make a positive impact throughout New Hampshire and north-central Massachusetts.
The Fisher Cats Foundation supports a wide variety of non-profit organizations and coordinates several fundraising programs and events. Efforts are focused on two cornerstone initiatives, hosting the Granite State Baseball Dinner benefiting the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD), and providing scholarships to college-bound New Hampshire and Massachusetts students. Since its inception in 2006, the Fisher Cats and the Fisher Cats Foundation have provided more than $5.7 million in monetary and in-kind donations to thousands of non-profit organizations throughout the region.
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Support with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Working directly with the Executive Director of the Fisher Cats Foundation
- Working with Fisher Cats Dinner Under the Stars and Granite State Baseball Dinner Committees
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a special events/ nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
Time commitment: Minimum of 2 days per week; 3-month commitment.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference. For the right candidate, there may be paid opportunities to work Fisher Cats special events.
Must be available: Thursday, September 30, 2021 (Dinner Under the Stars Gala) and Saturday, November 20, 2021 (Granite State Baseball Dinner).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.