POSITION: Community Relations & Promoti\ons Internship
DEPARTMENT: Promotions/Community Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Entertainment & Community Relations Manager
START DATE: January 3, 2022
END DATE: September 23, 2022
COMPENSATION: $1,200 per month
The Richmond Flying Squirrels are seeking a versatile and energetic individual to assist our Community Relations & Promotions team in community outreach, fan engagement & entertainment to promote the Flying Squirrels brand. This position is an ideal fit for someone attempting to strengthen his or her candidacy for a full-time position in the sports & entertainment industry.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be available full-time, in-person, from January 3, 2022- September 23, 2022
- Energetic, outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills and superior customer service
- Strong work ethic with the passion and desire to work in the community relations or promotional side of the sports industry
- Willingness to work long hours including nights, weekends, and holidays and all 70 Flying Squirrels home games
- At least 1 year working in the sports or entertainment industry preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Promote Flying Squirrels brand and upcoming events at tabling, community, & school appearances on weekends and/or during office hours
- Attend outside promotional appearances to assist team mascots and disseminate club promotional collateral
- Assist in managing, hiring & overseeing the Flying Squirrels Funn Bunch team (finding contestants, setting up prizes, dancing on dugouts, etc.)
- Assist with pregame on-field activities such as performances, National Anthems, Little League teams, first pitches, etc.
- Assist with postgame activities such as kids run the bases, raffle, exit giveaways, & firework clean-up
- Fulfill & implement donation requests
- Willingness to don a mascot suit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.