The Erie SeaWolves, the Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, are looking for two motivated, detail-oriented students who are interested in earning credit hours by completing a seasonal learning opportunity in hospitality and food service.
Interns will gain experience in various aspects of the ballpark food service operations including inventory, ordering, warehouse management, reporting, and staffing. All college majors are welcome to apply. Start date is March 2, 2020.
Minor League Baseball can be a fun and rewarding career path, but it requires dedication and flexibility as event schedules dictate the team's hours of operation:
March 2-September 4, 2020:
Game Days: Report time until an hour after the game;
Non-Game Days: 9:00a until 3:00p (Monday-Friday); flexible hours are available.
*Some exceptions may apply; schedule subject to change
$1,000/month stipend (prorated during partial months)
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, have superior people skills and…
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Availability to work extended periods -- including walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and carrying items or equipment.
- The ability to work scheduled hours including evenings, weekends and select holidays during the baseball season.