Box Office Intern (2021 Season)
The Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles are seeking energetic and responsible candidates for a paid seasonal Box Office Internship for the duration of the upcoming 2021 minor league baseball season.
Everyone working in minor league baseball wears many different “hats,” so a willingness to go above and beyond one’s normal duties is expected. Candidates are required to be enthusiastic with a great desire to put on a night of entertainment and memories for all the fans at Prince George's Stadium.
The Bowie Baysox are offering an opportunity for current college level students or recent graduates looking to gain real world sports business and ticketing experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry.
Start Date: Approximately between March 1 - 15, 2021
End Date: Following the end of the season, Approximately October 1 - 15, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and executing all facets of ticket processing including incoming individual and group orders for both baseball and special events, with strong emphasis placed on Customer Service and fan interaction using the TicketReturn ticketing system.
- Assisting in accounting, reconciling, and other financial aspects of the Box Office for both group and game day events.
- Serve as the Primary contact for individual ticket sales.
- Assist in preparing ticket orders for sponsors and group outings.
- Process all online ticket orders.
- Ensure repeat business by providing superior customer service to customers.
- Manage box office and will call booth on game days.
- Working closely with the Marketing department to facilitate all targeted ticket programs & events.
- Assist in generating ideas to increase sales of all ticket types.
- Represent the organization at community events
- Work all Baysox home games and stadium events
- Perform additional duties assigned by supervisors
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Must be quick-thinking and able to work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative with projects and events.
- Have an exceptional customer service aptitude and be a committed team player.
- Previous accounting and/or retail experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience in sport organization or related business, especially in a ticketing capacity, preferred but not required.
- Experience and ability to translate and/or converse in Spanish (not required but is a plus)
After reviewing applications for this position, a member of the Baysox staff will contact those they wish to interview for the position. Prior to the interviews, those selected for interviews may be asked to provide samples of artwork/videos/compilations they have designed for video, samples of video production capabilities and possibly other items from their portfolio of experience. Please do not send these items in advance of being contacted by Baysox Management to do so. Thank you for your cooperation. This is a paid internship experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.