The Food and Beverage Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director of Food & Beverage for all aspects of Food & Beverage including concession portables, concession stands, and hospitality areas.
- Assists in developing work plans including scheduling and ordering and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Assists in overseeing catering and retail locations to ensure consistency in all areas, client satisfaction and quality control standards, including presentation of items in the concession’s areas.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and building meets requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Assists with creation of Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events.
- Assists with analysis of information concerning facility operations such as daily food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations.
- Ensures safe work practices.
- Works within guidelines for food and labor cost.
- Assists in developing strong beverage control with cost and labor analysis.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance.
- Responsible for accurate and detailed alcohol inventory and all applicable laws and policies.
- Assists in interviewing potential team members, as assigned.
- Supervises close and opening of F&B shifts.
- Works extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Provides support and assistance to the Director of Food & Beverage as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum 1 years of experience in management or supervisory level position in Restaurant/Beverage training or equivalent combination of education and experience through catering.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Strong hospitality orientation
- Good work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Must have ability to work a carried and flexible shift
- Must have the ability to comply and implement all Standard Operation Procedure. Note The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Start Date: March 1, 2022
Stipend: $1,500.00 Per Month
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.