The Akron RubberDucks (Double-A Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) is searching for a Director, Food & Beverage to oversee and manage the food and beverage operation for the entire stadium which includes 25 suites, three picnic areas and an in-stadium restaurant. The ideal person will have excellent leadership ability, cutting edge ideas and superior customer service skills. This hands-on Director role is tasked with working with the management team to create and deliver a unique ballpark experience for fans of all ages.
- Setting and monitoring the food quality and handling standards and ensuring that all procedures are maintained to deliver pleasurable dining experiences.
- Training staff to deliver superior customer service and communicating with customers to create memorable dining, ballpark and best in fan experiences.
- Managing, hiring, and training fulltime employees, part-time seasonal employees, interns and game day staff which can exceed over 200 employees, during peak season.
- Developing and creating menu offerings for concession operations and suite-level patrons that satisfy customers and increase the revenue generated by the department.
- Managing cost, maintaining equipment, monitoring inventory and budget to ensure the best use of inventory and allocation of expenses.
- Maintaining the POS systems throughout the stadium, preparing nightly and monthly reports that outline revenue generation and department performance.
- Developing strong relationships with area vendors and other local facility Food and Beverage Directors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skilled at restaurant operations, menu creation and food preparation methods that drive positive results and align with business goals.
- 3-5 years of experience leading a multi-unit food and beverage operations (high volume venue/concessions experience required), to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service is required.
- Skilled at developing and creating dining experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze current business problems and implement recommended solutions.
- Excellent technical skills which include a food preparation and presentation, inventory, and cost control
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience.
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to manage a seasonal workforce.
- Technologically savvy, familiar with POS and Microsoft Office programs.
- BA/BS Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant, Food Service Management, or related major is preferred.
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.