Job Listing: Catering Cook
Job Type: Culinary
Location: HomePlate Catering and Hospitality, the official food and beverage provider of TD Bank Ballpark, is seeking a Cook for the TD Bank Ballpark.
Venue Description: TD Bank Ballpark, the home of the AA affiliate of the New York Yankees, has been for 22 years, the premier family and community destination in Central New Jersey.
The 6,100-seat ballpark is owned by Somerset County and run by the Somerset Patriots, who have consistently drawn over 5,300 fans per game and 370,000 fans per season since 1999.
The Catering Cook position performs as an mid-level culinarian among its peer cook positions. The Cook will assume prep, grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen that require less menu prep and will perform responsibilities for food preparation.
The Catering Cook will contribute to HomePlate’s operational and financial success by following all HomePlate culinary standards for sanitation and preparation to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy and prepared with the absolute highest quality of taste and presentation.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Culinary degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1 year experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
**Please include salary requirements when applying. **
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with HomePlate. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
HomePlate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.