The Akron RubberDucks organization is searching for an Assistant Director, Food & Beverage for their operation at Canal Park. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Food and Beverage. This role will require office hours and operational management of a multitude of ballpark events. The ideal candidate will have good leadership & customer service skills and at least one year of industry experience.
- Oversee food and beverage requirements pertaining to the concessions operations.
- Responsible for scheduling concession stands, portables, and ensuring each area is staffed appropriately based on expected attendance, balancing all employee correspondence regarding availability.
- Responsible for following up with stand managers and appropriate staff regarding product inventory.
- Ensure all POS terminals are properly functioning and updated regularly for ease of ordering by customers.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness, repair and maintenance of kitchens, concession stands, portables & product storage areas. Ensure that proper safety & sanitation procedures are consistently followed.
- Responsible for ordering product for events and game day orders. Evaluate all products for quality and pricing as well as assist with determining menus for upcoming season through product research & analysis of past sales.
- Work with cooks, stand managers, and supervisors to reduce food cost, monitor labor usage and increase profit margin.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and inventory of all accountable items.
- Follow guidance of established budgets to ensure that all decisions are made to follow the financial & operational blueprint of the organization.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with corporate sponsors & vendors.
- Responsible for following all guidelines in accordance with Summit County Public Health Department and complying with all regulations as it adheres to the organization’s liquor licenses.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have good leadership skills, customer service expertise and at least one year of related experience.
- Proven success in a high-volume food and beverage operation.
- Strong ability to work efficiently with other staff members in the facility.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Technically savvy with strong knowledge of POS systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Sports Management is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.