New Hampshire Fisher Cats, Double-A Northeast League (Toronto Blue Jays)
1 Line Dr.
Manchester, NH 03101
VP of Business Operations
An integral member of the senior leadership team. Expected to help establish, maintain and lead a culture of collaboration, innovation and teamwork within an inclusive positive can-do atmosphere. Specifically responsible for setting that example both internally and externally while holding yourself and others accountable for their work performance along with their contribution to our culture.
This position is to provide support to the team President by working together to create and implement programs and/or procedures that the organization puts in place and effectively communicate to the entire front office staff. The VP of Business Operations is also responsible for providing coaching and guidance as needed to help the staff continue to grow while staying true to our mission/vision and team norms. In addition, it is important to continue to increase the bottom line by creating sales and saving on expenses.
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats, Double-A Affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, are searching for enthusiastic individuals to join an award-winning staff at Delta Dental Stadium.
We are offering a dynamic, challenging and fun learning environment, and opportunity to work with an industry leader and beautiful growing community to call home. You’re not just an employee but also a part of something special!
POSITION: Vice President of Business Operations
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for contributing through the departments managed and through cross functional collaboration the franchise meeting or exceeding annual EBIDTA goal
- Full Profit & Loss/budgeting responsibilities for the departments belo
- Meeting or exceeding budgets & goals annually
Work with and provide guidance to following department heads in creating budgets and plans for upcoming season and holding them accountable to stay under budget and keep timeline up to date
- Stadium Operations
- Media Relations
- Special Events
Responsible for overseeing and reporting to team president, Stadium Operations Department
- Stadium Maintenance
- Help build and manage budget with VP of Stadium Operations
- Review quotes with VP of Stadium Operations and present solution to president/ownership
- Work to establish Trade Agreements with vendors to reduce expenses
- Cap Ex Projects
- Work with City
- Get bids
- Review quotes
- Ensure we are managing the proper amount depending on the crowd size/event
- Staying under budget
- Field and Grounds Crew
- Turf Manager to build and manage budget (work with department to keep this on track and find savings where applicable)
- Work with Director of Special events to create, implement and execute special events at the stadium throughout the year
- Build Proforma/Business Model to show the profitability of each event to ensure we are making an educated decision on host the event
- Ensure city/state approvals are being met
- Work with Stadium Operations Dept and Special Events to provide adequate staffing for each event
- Empower Director of Special Events to build these and provide the options for you to vet and present to team president
- Work with third party concessionaire to create pricing and inventory for each year to present to team president. Ensure that our guidelines are being met and that they are providing a premium experience for our fans.
- Weekly Meetings (performance/recap)
- Hold Accountable (presentation/performance/pricing)
- Work together on solutions
- Ensure that surveys are being conducted after each home stand
- Proper permitting with the City and State
Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills, be highly motivated, and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A minimum of Five (5) years production experience, preferably within sports or live events setting
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays in an outdoor environment is required.
If you feel you have the experience and self-motivation required to be part of the Fisher Cats team, please apply for this position.
2018 Eastern League Nominee for the MiLB John H Johnson Award
2010 Minor League Baseball Larry MacPhail Award Winner
2009 Baseball America Bob Freitas Award Winner
13-year New Hampshire Business Review Winner – “Best Sporting Venue to Bring Clients”
10-year Best of New Hampshire Award Winner – “Best New Hampshire Sports Team”
2011-2019 Parenting New Hampshire Magazine Award Winner - “Favorite Sporting Event for Families”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.