The Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Baseball Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, located in Bowie, Maryland, are seeking candidates for the full-time position of Stadium Operations Manager.
- Be able to perform routine maintenance and repair related to painting, flooring, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and others as needed and identified.
- Implement daily maintenance schedule for the stadium.
- Provide grounds maintenance to include debris removal, landscape duties and maintain the aesthetic quality of the facility.
- Oversee and schedule contracted stadium cleaning company for all stadium events and needs.
- Assist in production, set-up, execution, and break down of events held at the facility; including all home baseball games, stadium rentals and additional stadium events (concerts, festivals, parking lot events, youth baseball games, etc.)
- On-Call Status for building emergencies.
- Be able to perform physical labor, including lifting at least 50 pounds, walking, standing or bending for extended periods of time.
- Manage stadium event parking crew for all home game events and non-game events requiring parking lot. Maintain a clean, neat, safe and non-hazardous work environment.
- Request, compare and advise on most cost-effective purchasing/repair work and manage department budget and all budget assigned items.
- Maintain strong working relationship with county and outside contractors and vendors.
- Ability to work under deadlines dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be able to complete all duties assigned in a timely professional manner
- Completed a four-year college degree or have equivalent work experience. (Please do not apply if you are currently in school or are not able to begin a full-time position in the next 30 days.)
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a professional work environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Be motivated to be successful and work hard to help attain organizational and departmental goals.
- Applicants must be able to and are willing to work long hours, all stadium events (both baseball and non-baseball).
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Please send your resume and detailed cover letter through Teamwork Online. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.