Job Description: The Trenton Thunder are looking for an exuberant, enthusiastic, talented individual to perform as our Mascot- Cloudman. Our mascot will perform at all 70 home games and have the opportunity to participate in various community events. This a part-time, seasonal position that begins mid-March and concludes in September. This individual will get hands on experience in the promotions and entertainment departments and will be able to help execute theme nights and promotional days.
The Trenton Thunder are the AA Minor League Baseball (MiLB) affiliate of the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB). We are part of the 12-team Eastern League, and play all 70 of our home games at ARM & HAMMER Park in Trenton, New Jersey.
Reports to: Promotions Coordinator
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing in front of large crowds at home games at ARM & HAMMER Park
- Interacting with guests and engaging fans who range from 1-100 years old.
- Representing the Trenton Thunder in the community at various events
- Taking pictures with and signing autographs for fans
- Proper upkeep and gentle care of Mascot uniforms and accessories
Qualified Applicants will be:
- A performer who enjoys entertaining people of all ages
- Responsible, Punctual, and Reliable
- Flexible; willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays (Independence Day and Labor Day)
- Hardworking; motivated to learn new skills and gain experience in the sports entertainment industry
- Height between 5'8" - 6'2"
- Available to perform at all 70 home games in suit; Shifts range from 3-6 hours
- Self motivated with strong non-verbal communication skills
- Has reliable transportation
Additional Information: Previous experience as a mascot or performer is a plus, but not required. All qualified applicants will be required to participate in a background check, interview and uniform try-on. Additionally, a live audition will be held at ARM & HAMMER Park on Saturday, February 15th at 10am.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.