The Harrisburg Senators Baseball Club, AA affiliate of the Washington Nationals, are seeking an energetic and responsible individual for the position of Full Time Field and Facility Intern for the 2022 Season. This is a paid seasonal position with a start date in January 2022 and a TBD end date of sometime in September 2022.
$1,200.00 per month
Completing or have completed a four or two -year college degree in Turfgrass Management, Sport Management, or another related field. Ability to work within the dates listed above. Ability to maintain flexible hours, including but not limited to, normal business hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must provide own transportation and housing. This position will provide the intern with a well-rounded experience of day-to-day knowledge working within the operations department of a minor league baseball team.
- Report to and take instruction from the Director of Facility Operations and Head Groundskeeper.
- Help manage daily operations of FNB Field including the playing surface, stadium, and parking lot.
- Assist Head Groundskeeper with daily field maintenance including but not limited to: warning track maintenance, bullpen/plate/mound maintenance, infield skin maintenance, batting practice set-up/tear down, tarp pulling, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist Facility Director with daily stadium maintenance including but not limited to: stadium cleanliness, event set-up and tear down, parking lot operations, and other duties as assigned.
- Work all Harrisburg Senators home games and other non-Senator game events.
- Previous field and facility operations experience strongly desired but is NOT required
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
- Charismatic, Team Player - must work well in team setting
- Ability to perform physical labor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.