The Binghamton Rumble Ponies are hiring a seasonal position to assist in the Community Relations and Promotions departments as well as support the organization in all facets of operations. He/she will be responsible for helping to support our organization’s mission, vision, and values within the Southern Tier Community. This is a seasonal position from March - September.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfill, package, and coordinate the pickup and/or drop off of donation requests
- Assist with management of donation system (Approve For Good)
- Foster relationships with area non-profit organizations, including We Care Wednesdays during 2022
- Assist coordinating mascot and player appearances in Binghamton and its surrounding areas
- Assist with the development and execution of at least (1) non-game day event per month (April – September) (i.e. Golf Tournaments, Charity Dinners, Movie Nights, et. al).
- Help organize and plan special events at the ballpark such as annual players’ camp, events with players, and jersey auctions
- Oversee the implementation and execution of Kids Club
- Work with area non-profits to sell tickets for their fundraising events
- Assist with handling the mascot on all game-days (unless instructed otherwise)
- Assist with obtaining, inventorying, and distributing autographed baseballs and memorabilia from members of the team
- Contribute to other departments as necessary
- Assist with tarp pulls
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree (In the process of attaining a degree in Sports Management, Sports Marketing, Business, and/or related fields)
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written skills
- The ability to work long hours, including but not limited to weekends as well as holidays
- Minimal knowledge of the game of baseball
- Working knowledge of software systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and database systems.
- Ability to take charge and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills including but not limited to ability to develop and display analytical charts of social and digital media data
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time
- Positive customer service skills
- Candidate must be able to perform physically demanding aspects of the job.
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with varying duties as it pertains to Minor League Baseball (Community Relations Appearances and Sales Calls for example)
Start Date: March 1, 2021
Stipend: $1500.00 Per Month
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.