The Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Baseball Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, is seeking candidates for a Marketing Assistant for the 2018 season. Candidates must be bilingual (English & Spanish) and fluent in both languages verbally and in written communications. Candidates should possess experience in sales, marketing, customer service and promotional event development. Candidates should have completed a 4-year degree in Sports Management, Marketing, or related field and not be enrolled in classes beginning in March, 2018.
The following are potential duties that would be assigned to the successful candidate.
Es Divertido Ser Un Fan (ESDUF):
- Assist in the development, organization and implementation of organization’s undertaking of new MiLB fan development initiative. This new program aims to authentically attract and engage suburban Maryland’s sizeable Hispanic and Latino community through a campaign of meaningful and culturally-relevant content and events targeted to creating new fans and ticket purchasers.
Assist with developing, managing and implementing aspects of both the Baysox Es Divertido Ser Un Fan (EDSUF) Community Outreach and overall Baysox Community Outreach initiatives including but not limited to the following:
- Baysox Player & Mascot Appearance Scheduling/Implementation.
- Assist in the Creation & Distribution of EDSUF marketing initiatives and materials.
- Scheduling EDSUF related Ceremonies, Performance Groups, Ceremonial First Pitches and other game-related items.
- Distribution of marketing materials within the community including pocket schedules, posters, flyers, etc. designed to attract fans and sell tickets to home games and events.
- Staffing & marketing the Baysox and their EDSUF on-field personas at community outreach events including festivals, youth sporting events, community days and more.
- Guide & assist selection of grassroots initiatives for the Baysox to be at to promote team and coming events.
Media & Customer Relations:
- Assist the Communications Manager to ensure a consistent message is presented in both English and Spanish to our fans.
- Assist maintaining a consistent messaging in active and responsive social media platforms in both English and especially Spanish.
- Aid with the crafting of press/media releases and other communications aimed at the Spanish-speaking audience concerning EDSUF programs and other Baysox information.
- Assist the Ticket Office staff with incoming inquiries and ticket requests from Spanish speaking fans.
- Ability to courteously and clearly explain ticket policies, provide outstanding customer service over the phone and in-person, and have a history of responsibly handling currency.
- Work with the Marketing Department staff to develop & execute EDSUF promotional events designed to attract new fans and ticket buyers.
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of promotional events for fans at all games. Create fun atmosphere with prizes, games, promotional events, etc.
- Assist in the execution of pre-game and between inning promotional events at all home games and events.
- Be outgoing and willing to participate in wacky, fun promotions on the field and within the community in front of a large audience of people and fans.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of capturing data from all stadium visitors and sort by event
- Consolidate & keep current all database information
- Oversee & execute fan surveys in and outside of the stadium
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop & Illustrator are a plus.
Other duties as assigned by Assistant General Manager and General Manager
Bilingual expertise during game days will require flexible time management and movement between multiple departments over short periods of time.
Candidates applying for this position MUST be available to begin full employment on or about the beginning of March, 2018 and live in the region near Bowie, MD or have access to housing in the Bowie, MD area. You should not be scheduled to take classes in March, 2018 through mid-September, 2018.
You must also have your own vehicle for transportation and possess a clean driving record.
This position will require working all Baysox Home games during the 2018 season, potential additional stadium events as well as working nights and weekends as the game schedule, event schedule and non-game outreach schedule sets up.
Successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend through the beginning to middle of September, 2018.