The Binghamton Rumble Ponies are the Double-A Affiliate of the New York Mets in the Eastern League. They are seeking a Video Production Assistant for the 2018 Season. This seasonal position begins in January and concludes in September. The individual should command a hard working, dedicated and enthusiastic attitude with the passion to learn in order to be considered for the position. The internship program will provide the opportunity to obtain first-hand production experience working in a professional sports environment.
Hours include an average of 40+ hours per week from beginning until the end of the season and are expected to work all game days. The assistants will work directly with all members of the full-time staff to develop an understanding of Minor League Baseball. In addition, this position requires a great deal of time and effort, especially during the season.
- Required to work all 70 home games and part-time office hours.
- As a member of the production staff, game responsibilities include assisting the direction and operation of the MiLB broadcast, as well as controlling videoboard animations and graphics through the team’s production system.
- Independence to work on projects to be used during home games for both entertainment and sponsorships requirements.
- Produce and upload all graphic and video content for Rumble Ponies social media platforms, website and YouTube page.
- Coordinate, shoot and edit videos with Rumble Ponies players and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to take initiative as well as prioritize and multitask on job
- Must be a team-oriented and highly motivated individual
- Passion for sports and entertainment
- Knowledge of baseball
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays