The Akron RubberDucks (Double AA Affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians) are seeking a highly skilled Accountant to join our team. This is an entry-level position and the ideal candidate will have a keen eye, strong attention to detail and have the ability to effectively work with internal and external clients.
- Entry of accounts payable, inventory, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, and game day entries
- Daily operations which involve working with multiple departments including but not limited to: merchandise, ticketing, concessions and other areas of a minor-league baseball team;
- Assist other departments with inventory including physical inventory counts, count adjustments, and related reporting of COGS;
- Assist with accounts receivable, sales and game day reporting;
- Assist with the monthly and annual financial close and reporting;
- Assist with special event revenue and expense reporting;
- Prepare and process inter-company journal entries;
- Prepare account reconciliations for inter-company balances and other accounts;
- Plan and execute projects as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience with knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with all levels of management
- Good analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Ten-key calculator by touch at a speed necessary for successful job performance
- Computer applications/programs to perform accounting functions – Sage/Peachtree knowledge a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint; training will take place for our industry specific software and POS systems.
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.