The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for enthusiastic, Sports Entertainment Interns for their 2022 Summer Baseball Season.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team will play a 48-game regular season schedule from late May through early August with 30 home games at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for lively Sports Entertainment Interns to help us in our overall sales efforts. You will be an integral part of the “in front of the camera” media production.
Qualified individuals should be a competent professional able to independently perform all game day media and public relations activities, develop quality oral communications with the media, and coordinate special promotional and community involvement projects.
● Conduct interviews with players and coaches for broadcasts and other forms of media outlets.
● Assist and work closely with our mascot, in-game hosts, and contestants for in-game promotions.
● Coordinate and develop TikTok videos.
● Able to follow scripts accordingly to ensure in-game activities and promotions are all executed properly.
● Take charge of music selection throughout games; including players’ walk up songs.
● Maintain an upbeat and fun presence to create a more positive experience for fans.
● Must understand the role of public relations and must always be able to speak as a face of the brand.
● Interest in pursuing a future career in the sports and/or entertainment industry.
● Exhibit strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
● Comfortability speaking in front of large crowds.
● Must be able to work games and events on nights, weekends, and holidays.
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and their hone skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.