The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for qualified Social Media Interns for the 2023 Fall Semester. Selected candidates will also have the option of staying on for the spring 2024 semester to get additional experience and hours.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for creative Social Media Interns who are passionate and ready to learn. You will be an integral part of the team that helps to expand our brand awareness and promote our 2024 season.
Qualified individuals should have a passion for all things social media related. Interns will develop quality written communications for social media, use editing software to develop creative posts, and utilize new trends on social media to strengthen and grow the Chili Peppers social media following.
All candidates should include a portfolio link in their cover letter or resume that highlights their previous work.
Candidates that are selected for interviews will be asked to create sample posts that could be featured on Chili Peppers social media channels if they are offered a position.
Start Date: Early/Mid October 2023.
- Utilize existing photos and videos to create new content that is relevant to our goals and messages based upon various platforms.
- Engage with fans that comment on posts.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing and sales departments to develop and create social media campaigns to grow ticket sales especially for ticket plans and group outings.
- Preferred basic knowledge and experience in Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Editing (Photo and Video), Adobe Platforms such as InDesign, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, Social Media Management
- If all skills do not apply, applicants should be willing to learn and develop them.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be self-driven and highly motivated.
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.