The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for a committed team member for the 2024 spring semester for the role of Operations and Promotions Intern.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
You will be offered an inside look at the off-season operations, promotions and planning of a sports organization through a very hands-on experience. This is an exciting and fun position that will add a meaningful experience to your resume. Team members should be outgoing, solution oriented, have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a desire to learn. You will grow both personally and professionally and have lots of fun in the process!
- Fulfill all online merchandise orders.
- Maintain organization of the merchandise storage area and update merchandise inventory.
- Prepare merchandise inventory for the 2024 summer season.
- Respond to requests for appearances of Chili Peppers mascots at community and private events.
- Schedule mascot performers and attend events with them.
- Seek out, coordinate and attend community engagement events to table for the Chili Peppers.
- Help with cleaning and upkeep of Shepherd Stadium to ensure it is presentable for tours with potential sponsors.
- Assist with the summer season preparation of Shepherd Stadium: cleaning and hanging banners, cleaning and organizing the concessions area, cleaning and preparing the locker rooms, moving and setting up luxury suite furniture, and more.
- Answer questions about the Chili Peppers from customers that stop by the stadium, call or email.
- Experience in facilities or event planning, but not necessary.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Comfortable with physically demanding work in colder and warmer weather conditions.
- A genuine desire to exceed the expectations of coworkers and customers everyday.
- Ability to move items weighing between 10-50 pounds.
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position for those in need of an experience to fulfill academic requirements. We also accept applications from recent college graduates looking to get additional experience. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.