The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for qualified, Sports Marketing Interns for the Fall 2023 Semester, with the option to stay on for the spring semester to get additional experience and hours.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
As a Sports Marketing Intern, you’ll work closely with our Sales team in order to promote the 2024 season in order to expand the knowledge of the Chili Peppers brand and grow ticket sales. The marketing department The creation of content and updating of the Chili Peppers electronic game day magazine and promotion of it will also fall under the marketing department. All email blasts will be created by marketing.
All candidates should include a portfolio link in their cover letter or resume that highlights their previous work.
- Create new content for the Chili Peppers electronic game day magazine.
- Write promotional and informative articles to promote through various local and regional news outlets.
- Create marketing campaigns that involve collaboration with the sales and social media teams to create a comprehensive messaging and promotional effort.
- Utilize effective trends in marketing to grow the Chili Peppers brand awareness.
- Experience writing for newspapers, newsletters, blogs, magazines and other journalism mediums.
- Preferred basic knowledge of and experience with: Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Editing (Photo and Video), Adobe Platforms such as InDesign, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, Newsletters, and E-blasts (MailChimp).
- If all skills do not apply, applicants should be willing to learn and develop them.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be self-driven and highly motivated.
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.