The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for eager team members for their 2024 Summer Baseball Season for the role of Baseball Analytics and Operations Intern
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
This intern will assist with day-to-day baseball operations tasks to ensure team preparation and readiness and be the official game scorer for the Chili Peppers by learning PointStreak software. This position will also assist with player practices, equipment readiness, youth camps organization and facilitation, and travel to away games with the team. In addition, the intern can work with assistant coaches to learn more about analytics and scouting.
The position starts the week of May 15th and will end by August 3rd.
Core duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a working knowledge of PointStreak software and equipment
- Keeping official score of each home game
- Organizing and cleaning the Chili Peppers locker room
- Maintaining and organizing team equipment
- Preparing official game baseballs before each home game
- Assisting with uniform laundry after each game
- Assisting with set up of the stadium on game days and cleaning of the stadium after each game
- Communicating with CPL and Chili Peppers staff regarding PointStreak issues
- Able to learn new technology and software quickly
- Attention to detail and maintaining accuracy of information
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to mutli-task
- Experience scoring games is helpful
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.