The Coastal Plain League, TrackMan and Synergy are seeking highly motivated and detail oriented candidates to operate the TrackMan and Synergy systems at CPL locations, specifically all assigned Coastal Plain League team home games (schedule varies based on team). The duties require that this role arrive at least one hour before first pitch and continue one hour following the final out of game to confirm data is fully uploaded correctly. This position runs from May 25th – August 13th (may end sooner depending on playoffs). Travel is a requirement for this position.
About TrackMan: TrackMan leverages industry leading 3D doppler radar technology to capture the most comprehensive and accurate ball tracking data in the game. TrackMan data is used for player evaluation and development by all Major League teams in the US and the majority of teams in Japan and Korea, as well as top NCAA D1 programs. TrackMan is also used by MLB Advanced Media, as a ball tracking component of the revolutionary Statcast system. This is a traveling position. The Seasonal TrackMan/Synergy Analytics Operators are hired as part time independent contractors.
About Synergy: Synergy Sports has built its success on proprietary technology which links meaningful sports data and video clips to create visual statistics and analytics about players, teams and games. Patented “1-Click Video” links every stat to the supporting video, resulting in automatically generated edits that once took coaches hours to create. Infinite sorting and filtering of statistics and video clips in real time gives coaches endless opportunities to discover the answers to important questions as they formulate winning strategies.
- Responsible for setting up rosters, updating them regularly and tagging information in TrackMan.
- Responsible for setting up and starting cameras for Synergy each night
- Log information for the entire game – monitoring the system and making any changes throughout the game (e.g., roster changes, defensive substitutions, etc.).
- Troubleshoot system issues with Trackman support, fixing any errors, and uploading the game to TrackMan.
- Properly maintain TrackMan equipment required for tagging.
- Responsible for submitting pitch velocities (from TrackMan) and video footage to Synergy at the end of each night
- Responsible for checking Synergy cameras a couple times per game to make sure the angles and camera are still situated properly and have not been bumped out of line.
- Responsible for plugging in camera battery packs for Synergy after the conclusion of each game.
- Current college student or recent graduate with education (or older adult) focused on Sports Management, Statistics / Mathematics, Operations Management, or similar.
- Strong computer skills to operate the system and/or troubleshoot systemic issues
- A firm understanding of baseball is required.
- Candidate must be able to make all home games for the team that they are assigned to. Must be able to work nights during the week and weekends associated with said home games. Schedule runs from May 25th – August 13th, may end sooner depending on playoffs - see schedule here.
- Has accommodations already in location of assigned Coastal Plain League team, or the surrounding areas, for the duration of the season.
- Experience with TrackMan & Synergy programs a plus but not required. Training provided for all new operators prior to the season.
- Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to host team's stadium for all home games (see schedule here).
Compensation: $50 per game tracked. Pay will come at the end of the first half of the season (estimated first week of July) and at the end of the playoffs (estimated around August 15). The Seasonal TrackMan/Synergy Analytics Operators are hired as part time independent contractors.
- Do you have experience using TrackMan? Yes or No
- Do you have a firm understanding of rules and nuances of baseball? Yes or No
- Do you have experience with Synergy? Yes or No.
- Which of the below markets/teams (see list of current openings below) would you be interested in?
- Housing is not provided, so you are responsible for securing your own housing. Would this be a problem if hired for the team(s) that you identified in #4 above?
Teams (and Cities) still available for this position:
Morehead City Marlins, Morehead City, NC