Overview: The Winston-Salem Dash are looking for a qualified Media Relations intern to assist our Broadcasting and Media Relations staff for home games. The intern will work closely with media relations staff as a nightly gameday stringer, while shadowing several different aspects of the department and writing team-related feature stories that will be published on the team’s blog and in the nightly gameday program. This position is unpaid and must be for college credit.
Qualifications: The Dash are seeking a candidate interested in preparing themselves for a writing and/or media relations position in the sports industry. Applicant must be a full or part-time student currently enrolled in a four-year or two-year university. An interest and knowledge in baseball is required.
- Capable of performing as the Dash’s MiLB Gameday Stringer for at least 65 of the team’s 70 home games
- Contribute writing content to the Dash’s nightly gameday program
- Write feature stories for the “Dash Board Blog”
- Assist occasionally with game recaps to send to local media
- Assistant in other media relations projects, including team baseball cards and end of season auction
- Help maintain an organized and professional press box
- Self-motivated with positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
Employment Dates: April 12, 2018 – August 30, 2018 (70 home games). Expected to work from three hours before first pitch until the end of the game on game days.
When applying, include a resume, cover letter and two writing samples with your application. Send all materials to email@example.com