JOB TITLE: Accounting Trainee
JOB REPORTS TO: Accounting Department
START DATE: May 1, 2018 (flexible with academic schedule)
END DATE: August 31, 2018 (flexible with academic schedule)
COMPENSATION: College credit available - This position is non-paid.
STATUS: Part-time, seasonal
Accounting Trainee will have the opportunity to:
· Utilize company accounting system (QuickBooks) to process accounts payable invoices
· Set up and maintain numerous accounting spreadsheets dealing with game day activities and learn how these support company books and records. Trainee will develop knowledge of accounting practices and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Prepare and update inventory spreadsheets for tracking food and beverage purchases for AYCE (all you can eat) ticket sales programs. Trainee will learn the fundamentals of inventory tracking and reporting
· Participate in month end activities including physical inventories, operational summaries, and expense tracking by department.
· Perform administrative duties including filing, sorting, stuffing and mailing and will learn the necessity of these activities within a small business environment.
· Uphold the Dash's five core business philosophies
· Participate in daytime game activities by interacting with the general public and co-workers in a fast-paced atmosphere
· Strong work ethic, trustworthy, responsible and reliable
· Strong time management, multi-tasking and communication skills with the ability to meet deadlines and established goals.
· Willingness to assume responsibilities and contribute to a team environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
TRAINING: All trainees in the Winston-Salem Dash accounting department will receive training in conjunction with their day-to-day projects and responsibilities. They will also participate in joint meetings with trainees from other WS Dash departments.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org