Class A-Advanced Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox
Position: Corporate Partnerships Intern
Reports to: Corporate Partnerships Department
Start Date: May 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
End Date: August 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
Compensation: College credit available - This position is non-paid.
Status: Part-time, seasonal
Intern Job Description:
Sponsorships are crucial revenue generators for the Dash all year long. Dash sponsorships are unique, comprehensive partnerships that limit the number of sponsorship opportunities in our ballpark and allow category exclusivity for our sponsors. Our sponsorship contracts are filled with unique advertising, memorable experiences and unsurpassed customer service. The Sponsorship Services department primary role is to retain our sponsors for the long-term and ensure that their contracted assets will be used and their experience first-class.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sponsorship fulfillment – ensure that sponsorship contractual elements are fulfilled
- Organization – assist in keeping sponsor promotional inventory and gameday programs orderly and up-to-date
- Support – build and maintain inventory of sponsor promotion items
- Promotions Tracking – collect pertinent information about sponsor promotions/giveaways at the ballpark, including a number of giveaways, attendance, PA reads, videoboard recognition
- Photo Inventory – assist with the organization of photos from previous into the correct sponsor folders for easy access during annual report process, keep a running list of the photos captured for each sponsor as well as outstanding photos that need to be captured
- VIP Treatment - take sponsor guests on VIP tours as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Game day and in-game duties:
- Promo Inventory - ensure promotional items, redeemable inside the stadium, are stocked and organized at the customer service kiosk
- Suite Setup – help with the set-up of all suites prior to each Dash home game and review catering orders with hospitality staff for accuracy
- Sponsor Gifts - distribute hats to hospitality areas pre-game
- Photographers – assist in communicating and capturing photos needed to document sponsor activity and promotions as well as primary “hospitality” and suite photographer for each game night
- Assist with tarp pulls and fireworks pickup as needed
- Assist with any in-game Sponsor promotions or presentations
- Other responsibilities as needed
- The ability to work nights and weekends during the Dash’s 2022 season.
- Previous experience working in sports is a plus.
- Applicant should be a team player who is creative, driven and motivated for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.