Carolina League Careers
2022 Media Relations Internship - Winston Salem Dash Baseball Club (Winston Salem · NC)
Winston Salem Dash Baseball Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Winston Salem · NC
Reports to: Winston-Salem Dash Marketing and Media Relations Department
Start Date: May 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
End Date: August 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
Compensation: College Credit available – This position is non-paid.
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal
Media Relations Internship Description
The Media Relations Department handles all outgoing communication (press releases, media advisories, media guides, game notes, game recaps), as well as incoming media requests (interviews, credentials, photo/information requests, etc.). The Department also plays a key role in the Dash’s digital marketing efforts, contributing to the team website, game-day program, and social media platforms. This position will be involved in any and all media relations efforts. It will also provide the opportunity to work in a learning environment in professional baseball helping to enable career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in writing press releases
- Contribute writing content to the Dash’s nightly gameday program
- Write feature stores for the Dash Board Blog
- Assist with the creation and editing of the media guide
- Assist in other media relations projects, including team baseball cards and end of season auction
- Help maintain an organized and professional press box
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work nights and weekends during the Dash’s 2022 season
- Applicant should be a team player who is creative, driven and motivated for success
- Previous experience working in sports is a plus
- Digital photography experience is a plus
Please include a writing sample with your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please include a writing sample with your application