The Wilmington Blue Rocks are looking to hire a General Manager/Baseball Operations tasked with running the day-to-day operations of the organization and serving as the face of the franchise. The Blue Rocks are a member of the High-A East League, and host 66 home games from April through September. The position will be a major part of the executive team leading the Blue Rocks front office staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations side of the business.
- Conduct staff meetings and meet with individual staff on a one-on-one basis.
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies on sales for hospitality and game day tickets.
- Assist the merchandising department in creative ways to promote merchandise and manage cost of goods.
- Assist the F&B director in setting quality standards for ballpark food and beverage, hiring of seasonal staff and managing cost of goods.
- Serve as liaison for the Delaware Stadium Corporation and/or Riverfront Development Corporation.
- Oversee and work with the DSC/RDC on ballpark construction upgrades.
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable and ensure accurate preparation of weekly financial report to Ownership.
- Assist Finance department in maintaining accurate accounting records and managing the team’s expenses.
- Prepare annual budget and update it on a weekly basis
- Oversee preparation of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Oversees human resources department.
- Serve as liaison to MLB, the Washington Nationals, and Blue Rock coaching staff.
- Responsible for hiring the clubhouse attendants.
- Manage the player housing for the players and coaches.
- Manage the Blue Rocks team travel including bus schedule and the hotel stays for visiting teams (ensuring the proper number of rooms).
- Serve as the team’s media and public relations point of contact and write all press releases.
- Prepare and review vendor contracts.
- Supervise and train full-time and game-day staff.
- Decipher weather on game days
- Ensure Box Office and Merchandise data are reconciled after each home game
Strong work ethic and initiative are keys to this position as the hours can be long, but the environment is fun and fast-paced.
- Previous experience in sports leadership role with a heavy operations bent
- Excellent written and oral communications skills along with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Inspirational leader with a “can do” attitude who can motivate, excite and bring out the best in a staff
- Social media experience and an understanding of digital marketing
- Budgeting and financial experience is helpful
- Negotiation, time management and conflict management skills
- Must be team-oriented and pay close attention to details
- Office Suite-Microsoft Office
- Glitnir Ticketing System
- Operating System Software-Microsoft Windows
- Glitnir CRM or similar systems
The Wilmington Blue Rocks are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.