Food & Beverage Operations Assistant (Internship)
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
Company: Salem Red Sox – Diamond Fare, LLC.
· Assist in hiring, scheduling, training, managing, and motivating concessions staff of over 100 seasonal employees and nonprofit volunteers.
· Assist in all day-to-day operations of the food & beverage department: receiving deliveries, stocking and setting up stands for service, updating and troubleshooting point-of-sale system, and maintaining equipment.
· Work closely with our Director of Food & Beverage and concessions and hospitality staff to provide an exceptional customer experience during all Red Sox home games and special events at Salem Memorial Ballpark.
· Implement procedures for maintaining proper inventory levels and tracking inventory; execute daily and monthly inventories.
· Maintain exceptional cleanliness of all concessions stands, portables, and storage areas.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment.
· Strong leadership skills; self-motivated.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently with a variety of personalities.
· Detail-oriented; must embrace our “Sprinkles” customer service mindset.
· Willingness to work a challenging schedule; You can expect to work up to 80-100 hours a week during homestands.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs., work on your feet, and put in a lot of steps.
Available to start in February or March 2023.
Internship runs through September 2023.
Housing is provided.
To be considered for this position:
· You must be able to start full-time, on-site in February or March 2023.
· You must be a recent college graduate or need this internship to fulfill graduation requirements.
· You must have a passion for working in sports, event management, or hospitality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.