The Fredericksburg Nationals, Single-A Affiliate of the Washington Nationals, are seeking a Marketing Assistant. This person will assist in graphic design, social media content creation, analytics and market research, email marketing and Kids Club maintenance. Please attach any graphic design work or a link to the applicant's portfolio.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director of Design with designing graphics for social media, video board, print, electronic marketing and other needs, ensuring all materials are completed in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain a cohesive look and feel to ensure that the Fredericksburg Nationals brand is represented consistently
- Design engaging collateral to support sales and group outings
- Assist in creating new and engaging social media campaigns
- Assist in scheduling and posting on various social media platforms
- Assist with Content creation by brainstorming and producing new and relative content for Fredericksburg National’s social media platforms
- Assist in archiving daily game photos
- Gather and create engaging in-game content for social media
Support in planning, writing, proofing and sending emails to increase fan engagement and communicate with ticket holders
- Provide data-driven recommendations on improving sales processes, customer experiences and promotional campaigns
- Write, build and analyze fan-focused research surveys
- Create Kids Club e-newsletters, and engaging opportunities for members and encourage redemption
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Marketing Experience:
- Familiar with one or more of the following: copywriting/editing, email marketing, social media, marketing campaigns, graphic design
- Organized, detail oriented and reliable
- Ability to meet graphic design deadlines and juggle multiple projects with varying levels of importance
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite
- Be willing to work with the entire front office to assist in the day-to-day operation of the FredNats, not just marketing.
- Be willing to learn, work hard, handle multiple projects at once and maintain a professional, respectful attitude.
- Willfully assist in physical tasks such as pulling tarp during rain delays or before/after games.
Interested applicants should apply via TeamWork. Please attach any graphic design work or a link to the applicant’s graphic design portfolio. This role will begin late Januarary/early March in preparation for the season opener April 5th and will run through the end of September.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.