The Potomac Nationals are located 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital and are the Class A Advanced affiliate of the Washington Nationals. The Nationals are seeking college students, who are passionate about working in the sports industry to fill general internship positions for the 2018 season. Interns will receive an inside look at the business of baseball, gaining experience in all areas of a professional sport team’s front office, including ticketing, sales, marketing, operations, promotions and merchandising.
You will be placed into one of three departments based on your interest in various aspects of the business of baseball. You will choose between Operations, Sales (ticket or corporate) and Marketing/Community Relations. Each internship position will vary based on department. While working as an intern with the Potomac Nationals you will be expected to put forth your best effort as the managers you work under give you the tools to succeed and grow your knowledge of the business industry you strive to work in.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Sales Intern will assist the sales staff with season ticket, group sales and corporate client prospecting.
• Sales Intern will assist the sales staff with corporate partnership activation.
• Sales Intern will assist with general front office business operations.
• Marketing/Community Relations Intern will assist in the team’s community outreach efforts.
• Operations Intern will assist the stadium operations team with game day staff managing and other various game day duties.
• Operations Intern will assist with food and beverage operation
• Candidates must be reliable, detail oriented, problem solvers, multi-task efficiently, have solid communication skills and writing ability, a strong work ethic, stellar customer service skills and a strong team work mentality.
• Efficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook is required.
• The internship to start in early April (may begin sooner on case by case basis).
Sales Commission based + hourly stipend
Housing not provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.