The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are an Advanced-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. This coming season will be our 20th anniversary of baseball in Myrtle Beach and we plan to make it a very special one for the team, the fans, and the community. The Pelicans want to bring in those who will strive to be the best and have the drive to grow as a person and as a professional. With the Pelicans you will have the opportunity to learn as much as possible, all you have to do is seize the opportunity. For more information about the Pelicans visit our website at www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com
Associate interns will be required to report to the ballpark two hours prior to game time and will be assigned to various duties including: mascot relations, managing customer service, and assisting in other departments such as the box office, merchandise and kids zone operations, and in‐game promotions including on‐field contests and ball launch sales. They may also be asked to assist with additional events such as youth clinics, corporate outings, grassroots marketing efforts, and various special events held at TicketReturn.com Field. Interns should be prepared to work through the entirety of the game for the majority of the home season. The goal of the internship program is for all interns to gain experience in each department, and attain a diverse background by the completion of the internship program. Associate interns that perform exceptionally well will be considered for full time internship the following season.
· Assist with promotions whether that be daily giveaways or in-game promotions
· Assist in overseeing the Kids Zone
· Assist with the pro-shop on game days
· Assist with the Box Office on game day and potentially Will-Call
· Help set up and take down various inflatables, signs, etc. for game days
· Be able to move around and provide assistance wherever needed
· Provide a great experience for everyone you interact with
· Be able to work well as a team to execute provided tasks
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays
· Flexibility, Good Team Skills, and Communication Skills a plus
· Ability to provide Great Customer Service
· Interns are preferably college students or individuals looking to gain experience
in the sports industry.
· A strong interest in the sports industry.
· A wide range of majors are encouraged to apply, but most of our applicants are
a part of marketing, business, recreation/ tourism and sport management
· Interns should be able to perform physically demanding aspects of the job
· Interns Must be able to work 80% of Pelicans Home Games ( 56 out of 70 home games)
· Must have the ability to start April 5th on a nightly basis.
COMPENSATION: COMP tickets, merchandise discount, and game day meal voucher available.
This internship will be unpaid, however we will work closely with the student’s school to ensure the student receives college credit if applicable
Candidates wishing to apply for the position should send a resume, cover letter, and references to Jon Bellis: firstname.lastname@example.org