The Lynchburg Hillcats, Single A Affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians, are currently accepting applications
for interns to begin work in February 12 th , 2024. The various positions provide interested and qualified
candidates an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a Minor League Baseball team. Our season
runs from mid-April until the beginning of September during which we play 132 games (66 home games,
66 away games) in the Low-A East League.
Interns will learn multiple aspects of the sports industry while working closely with the front office staff
including public/community relations, marketing, promotions, ticket operations, sales, client relations,
and front office duties.
Qualified candidates, who receive the opportunity to accept a position with the ball club, are expected
to accentuate and uphold the tremendous tradition upon which the Lynchburg Hillcats has been built.
Lynchburg Hillcats Ticket Operations Intern
There will be one Ticket Operations Intern for the 2024 season. This position will start February 12th ,
2024 with part-time office responsibilities
and continue through the remainder of the season
completing in September. The position entails the following responsibilities
The role will be to manage and execute box office operations including but not limited to
creating price points, updating venue software, hiring and training box office staff, managing the
box office on game days and actively
renewing and selling new season tickets and mini-plan
packages for the Hillcats. Complementing the sales duties, this internship concentrates on
training, sales skills, and developing experience in the sports industry. Throughout the program,
you will be assisting the ticket department in reaching its goals for the 2024 season.Responsibilities
• Maximizing revenue through the sale of Hillcats ticket packages including season
tickets, mini-plans, and individual
• Maintaining a solid understanding
of TicketReturn (ticketing software)
• Assist with printing and delivery of ticket packages
• Outbound focus on making calls based on lead
lists. Lists include past individual
game buyers, Kids Club pack parents, prospective group ticket buyers, and past mini plan ticket buyers.
• Utilize and maintain effective contacts
• Contributing to weekly sales meetings with full-time staff
• Manage Box Office throughout game and supervised ticket operations
• Process and manage ticket orders (including player pass lists)
• Meet or exceed appointed weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales goals
• Assisting in other general office and field duties
Application procedure and requirements for interested candidates:
• Candidates interested in the internship program must be available to work evening hours;
including weeknights and weekends. Furthermore, candidates must demonstrate the ability
to make their internship their top priority during the working months
• Candidates are required to have their own means of transportation
• Candidates are required to have their own housing in the area
• Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the following email
) or address:
Attn: Hagen Allred Internship Program 3180 Fort Ave.
Lynchburg, VA 24501
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.