The Lynchburg Hillcats, Single A Affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians, are currently accepting applications
for interns to begin work in March of 2024. The various positions provide interested and qualified
candidates an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a Minor League Baseball team. Our season
runs from mid-April until the beginning of September during which we play 132 games (66 home games,
66 away games) in the Low-A East League.
Interns will learn multiple aspects of the sports industry while working closely with the front office staff
including public/community relations, marketing, promotions, ticket operations, sales, client relations,
and front office duties.
Qualified candidates, who receive the opportunity to accept a position with the ball club, are expected
to accentuate and uphold the tremendous tradition upon which the Lynchburg Hillcats has been built.
Lynchburg Hillcats Sales and Service Intern
There will be one Sales and Service Intern for the 2024 season. This position will start January 1st ,
2024 with part-time office responsibilities and continue through the remainder of the season
completing in September. The position entails the following responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting management with each of the marketing partnership accounts
• Active liaison to ensure partners’ and sponsors' needs are being met at all times
- Retrieve all necessary game day information items (first pitch, PSA’s giveaway
items, banners, logos, concourse tables, etc.)
• Responsible for ensuring each client’s night and involvement at the ballpark is set up
• Responsible for the oversight of photographs of each element of our active partnership
agreements (signage, tables, screenshots of websites, promotions, web, print, etc.) for
Proof of Performances (POP’s).
• Ensuring POP’s are completed correctly and photos organized throughout the season
• Check on the birthday and group party clients at the field during games
• Helping coordinate and execute ballpark special events (youth clinics, camps, BP/BBQs)
• Manage & operate game day concourse table activation through selling ticket plans, group
tickets, and promoting Hillcats programs
• Managing jersey auctions through MiLB and working with players, coaching staff, and
clubhouse manager for the completion
• Assist in community outreach opportunities with Southpaw
• Assist in the upkeep of game day signup databases (Spin the Wheel, Fun Zone, and Kid's Club)
• Participating in give back day with Hillcats staff in serving our community
• Assisting in other general office duties
Application procedure and requirements for interested candidates:
• Candidates interested in the internship program must be available to work evening hours;
including weeknights and weekends. Furthermore, candidates must demonstrate the ability
to make their internship their top priority during the working months
• Candidates are required to have their own means of transportation
• Candidates are required to have their own housing in the area
• Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the following email
) or address:
Attn: Hagen Allred Internship Program 3180 Fort Ave.
Lynchburg, VA 24501
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.