The Lynchburg Hillcats, Single A Affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians, are currently accepting applications
for interns to begin work in March of 2024. The various positions provide interested and qualified
candidates an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a Minor League Baseball team. Our season
runs from mid-April until the beginning of September during which we play 132 games (66 home games,
66 away games) in the Low-A East League.
Interns will learn multiple aspects of the sports industry while working closely with the front office staff
including public/community relations, marketing, promotions, ticket operations, sales, client relations,
and front office duties.
Lynchburg Hillcats Marketing Intern Job Description
There will be one Marketing Intern for the 2024 season. This position will start March 1 st , 2024
with part-time office responsibilities and continue through the remainder of the season
completing in September. The position entails the following responsibilities:
• Assist in scheduling and preparing all pre and post-game promotions
• Creation of new ideas to induce fan engagement/development such as season ticket
holder autograph sessions, etc.
• Scheduling and attending player and mascot appearances in the
• Using social media to assist in promoting games and events, along with using social
media to interact with our fans through unique online promotions, and
increase attendance (Including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok)
• Responsible for the creation of new and entertaining content for in-between inning
• Organize and execute all pre-game on-field components of Field of Dreams, National
Anthems, Pre-Game Parades, 1st Pitches, Etc.
• Making sure all nightly prizes, props, waivers, etc. are prepared
• Securing National Anthem singers
• Helping distribute handouts/sign participants up pre-game for in-between inning
• Organize handing out exit coupons from various sponsors and Hillcats promotions
• Assist in uploading the gameday signup database
• Assisting in other general office and field duties
• Assisting in pre-game and post-game graphics
• Assist in the upkeep and organization of the Videoboard
• Responsible for the upkeep of music for the sound system and player walkups
• Participating in "giveback day" with Hillcats staff in serving our community (one day
Qualified candidates, who receive the opportunity to accept a position with the ball club, are expected
to accentuate and uphold the tremendous tradition upon which the Lynchburg Hillcats has been built.
Application procedure and requirements for interested candidates:
• Candidates interested in the internship program must be available to work evening hours;
including weeknights and weekends. Furthermore, candidates must demonstrate the ability
to make their internship their top priority during the working months
• Candidates are required to have their own means of transportation
• Candidates are required to have their own housing in the area
• Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the following email
) or address:
Attn: Hagen Allred Internship Program 3180 Fort Ave. Lynchburg, VA 24501
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.