Concessions Manager (“CM”)
Job Duties and Performance Expectations
The Concessions Manager (CM) primary objective is to serve as the direct supervisor of all Food and Beverage operations, with primary focus in Concessions. The CM reports to the Director of Food & Beverage for the Greensboro Grasshoppers. The CM’s job responsibilities are divided into two categories. The first category can primarily be classified as non-game responsibilities and is broken down into 2 sections. The second category is game related responsibilities and is divided into 3 sections.
Category 1: Non-game Responsibilities
Administrative Responsibilities: this includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that Monthly Inventory is completed accurately and on time. The CM is responsible for overseeing that all Full-Time Managers and Seasonal Managers have counted and recorded the inventory in their respective areas.
- The CM will maintain and update as needed the F&B Employee Personnel files. This includes managing the scheduling process for all F&B areas and Non-profit Groups for Grasshopper Games, College Games, and special events.
- The CM will serve as the key communications manager for the F&B department. Department specific information that is required to be communicated to all F&B employees will be facilitated by the CM and approved by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Implementing cleaning checklists and procedures to ensure Stands and Portables are up to Health Department standards
- Assisting Director in reporting, P&L, and par-lists to make sure inventory is properly maintained
Workforce Development and Process Management: The CM is responsible for overseeing the implementation of any and all procedures developed to enhance or maintain the guest experience. A major function of the CM is to maintain established guest service standards across all Food and Beverage categories. This includes but is not limited to Grasshopper Games and Special Events. The goal is to reinforce a “One Guest” approach, which emphasizes that each and every guest is critically important to the Grasshoppers success regardless as to the product or service type. The CM will oversee the guest service training for the following:
- Training for Game Day Staffing: The CM will facilitate live training for stand managers and game day staffing. The CM will track employees’ progress and determine when a particular employee is sufficiently trained. This will be a coordinated effort with assistance from Full-Time and Seasonal Managers.
- Menu Development: As the key communications manager, the CM will ensure the accuracy of all menu boards in the concessions areas. The CM will also assist the Kitchen Manager with menu concept ideas and execution.
- Recruiting: The CM will assist in hiring seasonal managers, stand managers, game day staffing, special events staffing and nonprofit group staffing.
Category 2: Game Related Responsibilities
During a Grasshoppers Game the primary focus of the CM will be to oversee the Concessions Operations. The CM will also have daily responsibilities that will support the work of the entire department. Those duties are listed below.
Cash Handling and Point of Sale: The CM will ensure the accuracy of the counted cash deposits and gratuity reporting for all revenue centers. All point of sale procedures will be monitored and maintained by the CM on an ongoing basis. Adherence to these policies in accordance with the Grasshoppers cash handling procedures is paramount. The CM will be taught to operate the Point of Sale from the backend, ensuring what the cashiers see matches what should be sold that day, with the correct pricing.
Staffing and Scheduling: During the season, the CM will also accurately track and report daily labor for Grasshopper Staff. The CM will ensure that a work schedule for all areas is completed and communicated to staff in a timely manner. The CM will also ensure that all game day and non-game day Special Events are staffed in accordance with the guest request and budget guidelines.
Leadership: The CM performs critical functions within the Grasshopper Organization and is expected to be a trusted resource throughout the company. Accuracy and timeliness of all duties is expected. The CM is trusted with sensitive financial information, as well as employee personal information. Impartiality, Integrity, and Honesty are values that must be maintained at all times. In addition to these leadership competencies, the CM must maintain the following standards, credentials and/or certifications.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- T.I.P.S. Certification
- Grasshopper Specific Safety and Security Procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.