About the Columbia Fireflies: The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts (AA Minnesota Twins Affiliate) and the Fort Wayne TinCaps (A San Diego Padres Affiliate.) The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park, in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are the Class-A, Kansas City Royals affiliate of the Low A East whose season begins in April and concludes in September. Program Description: The Fireflies internship position(s) will be open to college students and recent college graduates. Interns will be required to work all home games and regular non-game day office hours. Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Hardball Capital believes in hiring from within; many of our current full-time staff members began as interns with one of our clubs. All internships will be provided with a monthly stipend of $1,000 (opportunity for commission with the Group Sales Internship.) Target start date is mid-January - early February.
Group Sales Internship:
- Reports to Director of Ticket Operations and Director of Ticket Sales to assist with Group Sales
- Ability to learn ticketing system & ticket office day to day responsibilities
- Prospect individual game & first time buyers
- Assist in Season Ticket/Group Sales via cold calling/call ins.
- Assist group sales team with ticket distribution & creation of group sales marketing collateral for group leaders
- Organize and run group sales tables and giveaway tents
- Contribute to preparation and execution of team marketing plan.
- Assisting in community appearances; taking turns dressing as our mascot.
- Distributing pocket schedules to local businesses.
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in stadium pre-game preparation.
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
- Special Events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is not required but encouraged for interested individuals to live within commuting distance or have housing in the Columbia area. Please be sure when applying to attach cover letter, resume, two references, and answers to the questions below to be considered for an interview.
*All staff members and interns are to lead by example and set a high standard for game day employees (i.e. wearing proper work attire, great customer service, no foul language, etc.)*
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.