About the Columbia Fireflies:
The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Fort Wayne TinCaps. The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park (formerly Spirit Communications Park) in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are in class A.
Fireflies Glow Squad:
This position is a great fit for a candidate in the first years of a degree program in Sports, Hospitality, Events, Tourism, or related fields. If you love to have fun and entertain, this is the internship for you! The Fireflies Glow Squad is a part-time game day internship.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Select and escort contestants for pre-game and in-game fan interactive contests
- Escort participants to appropriate pre-game ceremonies
- Distribute prizes/coupons, during pre-game, in-game, and exit marketing
- Dress up in costume as needed for related theme nights
- Facilitate “Kids Run the Bases” on Sunday’s
- Greet fans at the gates, pass out game day programs and give away items
- Go into the community and promote Fireflies Games throughout the Midlands
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Work closely with the Marketing & Community Engagement Manager and the Marketing & Promotions Intern
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be seeking college credit towards a degree
- Be prompt and available to work at least 75% of home games, which includes: late nights, weekdays, weekends, and holidays April through September
- Enjoy performing in front of people, small groups, individuals, and crowds exceeding 5,000 people
- Display outstanding teamwork and communication skills, with fans, clients, and upper management
- Able to entertain in a fast-paced, family-oriented environment and respond professionally in any situation
- Must have the physical ability to perform athletic activities, including running, dancing, and performing in costume for extended periods of time in all weather conditions
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.