The RiverDogs are nationally recognized as one of the top organizations in professional sports, gaining notoriety for unique promotions, outrageous food and beverage items, and excellent customer service. The RiverDogs strive to provide a diverse fanbase with a memorable and highly entertaining experience at each of its 66 home games and many other events at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park in downtown Charleston.
The RiverDogs offer several full-time internships, which start in mid-March and go through the end of August. These are unpaid positions, which can be completed for college credit. These internships are designed to provide interns with insight into the entire scope of a minor league baseball operation. Candidates must be willing to work long hours, nights and weekends.
The RiverDogs are offering one position for a college student or recent graduate to learn the business of baseball through a ticket sales internship. The position will place the intern in our ticket sales department daily, learning all tasks associated with outbound selling and servicing of clients.
- Learn the fundamentals of ticket sales, service, and operations
- Gain experience in outbound sales through cold calling and prospecting
- Provide customer service for ticketing patrons in-person and over the phone
- Perform database and record-keeping assignments
- Help promote special ticket promotions and packages
- Assist in box office as needed
- Perform operational set-up for games/events as needed
Candidates who apply should:
- Be enrolled or recently graduated (within the last 6 months) from a college degree program.
- Have a specific interest in outbound ticket sales, including cold calling.
- Be available to start an internship by middle of March 2023 and continue through late August/September
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.