Bowling Green Hot Rods Video Production Internship
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 14th season in South Central Kentucky. As defending Champions of the High-A East league, the Hot Rods look to continue to provide family fun entertainment in the South-Central Kentucky area. The Bowling Green Hot Rods partner with numerous local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. We are always looking to make an impact and a difference in our community. We aim to provide the best family fun entertainment you can find in South Central Kentucky all year long!
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are now seeking Creative Services interns for the
upcoming 2022 season. Specifically, we are looking for highly motivated and driven
individuals to learn under our 2022 staff in video and roles.
Through an internship with the Bowling Green Hot Rods, you will gain valuable
experience working for a professional sports organization. You will also be expected to be
a team player and fill different roles on occasion. The goal is to have our interns get a
fulfilling and deeply educational experience from their time here.
- Assist Game Day Production crew in various control room roles such as Video Board
- Operator, Music Operator, Camera Operator, Technical Director, and more.
- Assist with creation of motion graphics and production for our live stream of all home games.
- Shoot video around the stadium during the game for use on our social media platforms, as well as post-production needs.
- Assist Video Production Manager with production of hype videos and promotional commercials.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and event management skills
- Strengths in writing and editing are a plus
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and After Effects is a plus
- General knowledge of baseball
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives
Reports To: Video Production Manager
Academic Requirements and Qualifications:
To apply for an internship with the Hot Rods, you must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing at an accredited college or university. College credit towards major, minor or general elective may be earned through this internship. The application deadline is December 31, 2021.
As an intern, you will be required to work both in office and all Hot Rods games and special events. The Hot Rods season begins in the spring and will run through the fall.
Start Date: Spring 2022
Compensation: Office hours will be non-paid and will count towards course credit. A minimum of 15 hours per week must be completed. Games and special events will be paid hourly and at a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.