The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 14th season in South Central Kentucky as the High-A East affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays. The Hot Rods are looking for qualified interns to join our staff for the 2022 season. Our goal for you is to learn the entry level expectations of the sports industry and get the full experience of working for a minor league baseball team. These past season, the Hot Rods hosted 60 home games, several college/high school games, as well as, over 200 special events at the facility!
Stadium Operations Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily facility operations, set-up, and maintenance of a 4,600-seat ballpark
- Utilize cleaning equipment and machinery to maintain the cleanliness of the ballpark before, during, and/or after games and special events
- Report directly to the Stadium Operations Assistants concerning facility/event management, facility improvements, expenses, stadium incidents, game day employees, and special events
- Conduct interviews with potential game day staff for specific roles
- Assist in creating operational policies and procedures for Bowling Green Ballpark
- Assist with mascot appearances, including performing as the mascot
- Maintain shop and janitorial supply inventory during Hot Rods season and non-baseball related events
- Assist in all other areas as needed, including providing support for special events run by other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have strong communication and people skills, and a tremendous desire to learn.
- Must be highly self-motivated
- Ability to work all Hot Rods home games and special events; includes ability to work long hours, weekends, and holidays.
To apply for an internship with the Hot Rods you must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing at an accredited college or university. Application deadline: December 31, 2021.
As an intern for the Hot Rods, you will be required to work both in the office and during games. The Hot Rods play 66 home games beginning April 9, 2021 and concluding in September.
Office hours will be non-paid and will count towards course credit. A minimum of 15 office hours per week must be completed. Games and special events will be paid hourly and at minimum wage of $7.25/hour.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Positions Available: 3-4
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.