Bowling Green Hot Rods Social Media and Marketing Internship
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 14th season in South Central Kentucky. The 2021 High-A East Champion, Bowling Green Hot Rods, look to continue to provide family fun entertainment in the South-Central Kentucky area. The Bowling Green Hot Rods partner with numerous local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. We are always looking to make an impact and a difference in our community. We aim to provide the best family fun entertainment you can find in South Central Kentucky all year long!
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are now seeking a social media intern for the upcoming 2022 season. Specifically, we are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals to learn under our 2022 staff. Through an internship with the Hot Rods, you will gain valuable real-world experience working for a professional sports organization. You will also be elected to be a team player and fill different roles on occasion.
Internship Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist with the scheduling and publishing of daily content on all social media channels as well as creation, development, and execution of social media campaigns.
- Run in-game social media to tell the story of the fan environment during a game.
- Monitor and engage with fans across all social media platforms in real time.
- Assist in tracking analytics for each social media channel
- Manage all photo and creative inventory as it pertains to baseball and social needs
- Assist with execution of pre-game entertainment and giveaways
- Assist with executing in-game entertainment
- Be an integral part of the promotions team and assist in preparation, coordination, and execution of theme nights throughout the season
- Assist in grassroots marketing campaigns
- Assist with distribution of all marketing materials throughout the community and stadium, including pocket schedules, print/digital programs, posters, handouts, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with and relate to fans
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and event management skills
- Strengths in writing and editing are a plus
- Experience with all major social media channels
- Experience with Photoshop and Social Media Analytics is a plus
- Ability to shoot video and have a knowledge of video editing software is a plus
- General knowledge of baseball
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives.
Reports To: Manager of Fun
Academic Requirements and Qualifications:
To apply for an internship with the Hot Rods, you must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing at an accredited college or university. College credit towards major, minor, or general elective may be earned through this internship. The application deadline is December 31, 2021.
As an intern, you will be required to work both in office and all Hot Rods games and special events. The Hot Rods season begins in the spring and will run through the fall.
Start Date: Spring 2022
Compensation: Office hours will be non-paid and will count towards course credit. A minimum of 15 hours per week must be completed. Games and special events will be paid hourly and at a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.