Bowling Green Hot Rods Graphic Design Internship
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 14th season in South Central Kentucky. The reigning High-A East Champion, Bowling Green Hot Rods, look to continue to provide family fun entertainment in the South-Central Kentucky area. The Bowling Green Hot Rods partner with numerous local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. We are always looking to make an impact and a difference in our community. We aim to provide the best family fun entertainment you can find in South Central Kentucky all year long!
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are now seeking a Graphic Design Intern for the upcoming 2021 season. Specifically, we are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals to learn under our 2022 staff. Through an internship with the Hot Rods, you will gain valuable real-world experience working for a professional sports organization. You will also be elected to be a team player and fill different roles on occasion.
Internship Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist the Creative Services department with any and all graphic design needs which include but are not limited to creating print ads, flyers, posters, social media graphics, scoreboard graphics, signage, etc.
- Assist the graphic designer in game-day graphics which include headshots, promotional graphics
- Assist in the control room and with game day staffing, where needed
- Assist with website design
- Represent the Bowling Green Hot Rods in a positive light and assist fans in the ballpark as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious and self-initiated
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects while still maintain quality standards
- Must be organized, motivated, dependable and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and Holidays
Reports To: Graphic Design Manager
Academic Requirements and Qualifications:
To apply for an internship with the Hot Rods, you must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing at an accredited college or university. College credit towards major, minor, or general elective may be earned through this internship. The application deadline is December 31, 2021.
As an intern, you will be required to work both in office and all Hot Rods games and special events. The Hot Rods season begins in the spring and will run through the fall.
Start Date: Spring 2022
Compensation: Office hours will be non-paid and will count towards course credit. A minimum of 15 hours per week must be completed. Games and special events will be paid hourly and at a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.