Job Description- The Hot Rods, A+ affiliate of the Tampa bay Rays, are seeking motivated and qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Groundskeeper. The Assistant Groundskeeper will assist the Head Groundskeeper in every day maintenance of a playing surface consisting of Latitude 36 Bermudagrass and a brand new DuraEdge professional infield clay surface along with 2 million dollars worth of other stadium enhancements. The Assistant Groundskeeper will work with the Head Groundskeeper in every day maintenance of the playing surface at Bowling Green Ballpark, insuring a safe and exceptional field throughout the 2022 baseball season. Position is seasonal with employment ending on a mutually agreed upon date at the end of September or early October.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Mowing (riding/walking), fertilizing, aerifying, topdressing, edging, sodding, infield skin/clay maintenance, mound and plate repair both on-field and in bullpens,
- Irrigation repairs and replacements,
- Equipment cleaning and upkeep,
- Shop and batting tunnel cleaning and upkeep,
- Occasional logo and line painting,
- Work special events and able to work alone at times including running a crew
- Working in all weather conditions including heat, rain, snow and must be able to assist with all tarps.
- Candidate enrolled in or graduated from a 2 or 4 year Turf Program is preferred,
- Prior knowledge and experience of working on a baseball field is also preferred, but not necessary.
- The individual must be highly motivated, self-initiative and able to work in fast-paced situations.
- Must be able to work long, flexible hours including nights, early mornings on occasion, weekends and holidays.
Compensation- Monthly stipend based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.