California League Careers
Fan Experience Internship - Stockton Ports Baseball (Stockton · CA)
Stockton Ports Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Stockton · CA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
| Class A California League Affiliate of the Four-Time World Champion Oakland A’s
| Stockton Ports Professional Baseball Club www.stocktonports.com @stocktonports
| Banner Island Ballpark 404 W. Fremont Street Stockton, CA. 95203 (209) 644-1900 phone
The Stockton Ports are looking for qualified part-time assistants to join our staff for the 2022 season. Our goal for you is to learn the entry level expectations of the sports industry and get the full experience of working for a minor league baseball team. These positions will provide a great learning experience for those interested in gaining full time positions in the sports industry.
Job Title: Fan Experience Internship - 2022 Season
Start Date: March 2022
Position Summary: This person will play a vital role in the success of the Stockton Ports. This person will be responsible assisting in the day-to-day efforts of all departments of the Stockton Ports. This person will learn all aspects of the Ports organization such as ticket sales, ticket service, promotions, in-game entertainment, marketing, and stadium operations.
1. Assist with the Stockton Ports marketing efforts including social media, grassroots, digital, and radio.
2. Learn all aspects of the ticket department from sales prospecting, ticket sales, ticket operations, and ticket servicing.
3. Assist the ticket sales team in generating new business and preparing for Group and Hospitality events at the ballpark.
4. Help with stadium set up and tear down for all Ports home games and other special events.
5. Maintain the cleanliness and general maintenance to ensure the facility is ready for all games and special events
6. Design and create promotional material such as flyers and in-house marketing material.
7. Serve as the team’s Customer Service Representative in three departments (Corporate Sales, FSE, Group Sales)
8. Coordinate with various Department to assist the production of Proof of Performance reports for clients during the season
9. Work closely with the promotion’s team to ensure all giveaways, pre-game activities, in-game promotions, and post-game events run smoothly on a nightly basis.
10. Assist with the organization and fulfillment in the Box Office during the season.
11. Engage with Fan’s both in stadium and at extra events to ensure their experience is more than satisfactory at Banner Island Ballpark
12. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong desire to work in the sports industry and learn all aspects of a Minor League Baseball team.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office and associated products.
3. Experience in design programs and video production a plus.
4. Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework.
5. Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve goals.
6. Strong planning and organizational skills.
7. Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
Part time hourly pay. Commissions based on results of direct sales efforts.
*This experience can also count toward college credit in most instances if necessary.
Please direct all questions to Kieran McMahon at email@example.com
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Stockton Ports play at Banner Island Ballpark, a recently constructed downtown venue that has been praised for being one of the most cutting-edge ballparks in the country. 7th Inning Stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
What are your career goals?
Describe the most fun you've ever had at a sporting event.